Drabble: Godric Bless Gryffindor
Jul. 20th, 2010 08:11 pmI'm going to change my header soon. *points to icon* See the lovely? I got a matching header too. =D And woo hoooooo, Day 8! =D
Title: Godric Bless Gryffindor
Author:
sarahyyy
Rating: PG
Character/Pairing: Scorpius/Rose
Word Count: 432
Disclaimer: Not mine. Ever.
Prompt: From movie "West Side Story" - 'Come in, come in! We won't bite you until we know you better!'
----------------------------------
“I really don’t think I should go in,” Scorpius muttered uneasily.
Rose rolled her eyes and tugged on his arms, edging him towards the portrait of the Fat Lady. “They’re harmless!”
Scorpius snorted. “To you, maybe,” he stated, “and even then it’s because you’re one of them.”
“I’m an honorary Gryffindor,” she corrected, frowning, “I’m a Slytherin in heart, through and through.”
Scorpius shook his head. “They already hate me for dating you as it is, they won’t like me infiltrating their quarters.”
“Worst comes to worst, we’ll invite them back to the Slytherin dungeons, just to be fair,” Rose suggested, a cheeky smile on her face.
“You’re mad,” he declared, his eyes rolling heavenward, “Stark, raving mad.”
“Oh come on, Score,” she urged, “You’ll get a grand tour of the Gryffindor Common Room and piss off its occupants all at the same time! It’s a good use of time.”
“No,” he said resolutely.
Rose pouted. “Please, Scorpius, for me?”
He sighed and gave in. “The things I do for you, Rose,” he murmured as she pecked him lightly on the cheek, a grin plastered on her face, “I should be made a saint.”
She laughed. “I prefer my men devilish.”
He shook his head, amused. “Whatever am I going to do with you?”
--
There was silence as he walked in. He could feel the heat of Potter and little-brother-Weasley’s glare as well as see the arched eyebrows of female-Potter and the French-Weasley, Louis or some other.
Scorpius felt uneasy. It was a wonder that Rose claimed that the Gryffindor Common Room was warm and friendly. Even the Slytherin Common Room was warmer and friendlier at its coldest.
“I think I should go,” he murmured next to her ear. “They hate me. I’m not going to die before I marry you to piss the hells out of my father.”
Rose bit her lip to keep from laughing. “Play nice.”
Scorpius almost snorted.
“Guys,” Rose called, “a bit of welcome would be nice.”
Silence.
Then, as if a switch had been flipped, everyone smiled simultaneously.
“Come in, come in!” Albus said sweetly. A touch too sweetly in Scorpius’ opinion. “We won’t bite you until we know you better.”
“Or until you admit that you’re a Gryffindor,” Hugo chimed.
“Or until you know the Gryffindor song by heart and are proud to sing it!” Someone —he couldn’t really be sure who, damn the Weasleys all looked alike— added.
And as they all —even Rose, ROSE— burst into the self-composed “Godric Bless Gryffindor”, Scorpius knew he was doomed.
What had he gotten himself into?
Title: Godric Bless Gryffindor
Author:
Rating: PG
Character/Pairing: Scorpius/Rose
Word Count: 432
Disclaimer: Not mine. Ever.
Prompt: From movie "West Side Story" - 'Come in, come in! We won't bite you until we know you better!'
----------------------------------
“I really don’t think I should go in,” Scorpius muttered uneasily.
Rose rolled her eyes and tugged on his arms, edging him towards the portrait of the Fat Lady. “They’re harmless!”
Scorpius snorted. “To you, maybe,” he stated, “and even then it’s because you’re one of them.”
“I’m an honorary Gryffindor,” she corrected, frowning, “I’m a Slytherin in heart, through and through.”
Scorpius shook his head. “They already hate me for dating you as it is, they won’t like me infiltrating their quarters.”
“Worst comes to worst, we’ll invite them back to the Slytherin dungeons, just to be fair,” Rose suggested, a cheeky smile on her face.
“You’re mad,” he declared, his eyes rolling heavenward, “Stark, raving mad.”
“Oh come on, Score,” she urged, “You’ll get a grand tour of the Gryffindor Common Room and piss off its occupants all at the same time! It’s a good use of time.”
“No,” he said resolutely.
Rose pouted. “Please, Scorpius, for me?”
He sighed and gave in. “The things I do for you, Rose,” he murmured as she pecked him lightly on the cheek, a grin plastered on her face, “I should be made a saint.”
She laughed. “I prefer my men devilish.”
He shook his head, amused. “Whatever am I going to do with you?”
--
There was silence as he walked in. He could feel the heat of Potter and little-brother-Weasley’s glare as well as see the arched eyebrows of female-Potter and the French-Weasley, Louis or some other.
Scorpius felt uneasy. It was a wonder that Rose claimed that the Gryffindor Common Room was warm and friendly. Even the Slytherin Common Room was warmer and friendlier at its coldest.
“I think I should go,” he murmured next to her ear. “They hate me. I’m not going to die before I marry you to piss the hells out of my father.”
Rose bit her lip to keep from laughing. “Play nice.”
Scorpius almost snorted.
“Guys,” Rose called, “a bit of welcome would be nice.”
Silence.
Then, as if a switch had been flipped, everyone smiled simultaneously.
“Come in, come in!” Albus said sweetly. A touch too sweetly in Scorpius’ opinion. “We won’t bite you until we know you better.”
“Or until you admit that you’re a Gryffindor,” Hugo chimed.
“Or until you know the Gryffindor song by heart and are proud to sing it!” Someone —he couldn’t really be sure who, damn the Weasleys all looked alike— added.
And as they all —even Rose, ROSE— burst into the self-composed “Godric Bless Gryffindor”, Scorpius knew he was doomed.
What had he gotten himself into?
no subject
Date: 2010-07-20 01:33 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2010-07-20 05:10 pm (UTC)This was adorable. Loved it!
no subject
Date: 2010-07-20 05:42 pm (UTC)Keep writing these drabbles, dear, they are amazing;)
no subject
Date: 2010-07-20 05:51 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2010-07-20 09:28 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2010-07-21 09:59 am (UTC)Rose and I think alike. ;D
no subject
Date: 2010-07-24 12:18 am (UTC)